1. What we Do. Smart Insurance is a free service that finds you competitive quotes by connecting you with top insurance agents and carriers across the United States.
2. What Kind of Information Does Smart Insurance Collect. In order to find you the lowest insurance rates, we have to collect personal information from you. The type of personal information we collect may include the following:
(c) Email address;
(d) Mailing address;
(e) Phone number; and
(f) Vehicle information.
3. Cookies. Smart Insurance writes cookies, stored by your web browser, that track user preferences. You are free to clear Smart Insurance’s cookies. To clear cookies, simply choose Settings within your browser, go to History, and clear cookies. We also collect information such as the completion of a form element that helps us improve the website for future users.
4. Why Do We Collect Information. Smart Insurance collects information from our insurance forms to match you with insurance agents and carriers who offer you the insurance quotes requested.
5. How Do We Use and Share Your Information. Smart Insurance finds you the lowest insurance rates with the least amount of work. Smart Insurance shares the information you submit to a reasonable number of insurance companies and agents in order to get you a great deal. Additionally, Smart Insurance monitors our user’s experience to ensure our partners live up to Smart Insurance’s high standards. We may ask you to provide feedback about your experience.
6. Third Party Products and Services. In addition to sharing your information with insurance companies, we also may share your information with trusted third-party marketers and venders who offer products and services we feel you may be interested in purchasing. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to limit the information disclosed to such third parties and the amount of information disclosed to such third parties to the extent necessary to offer you other products and services.
7. How is Data Secured. Smart Insurance uses industry standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving personal data.
8. Children Under 18. Smart Insurance is concerned about the safety of minors and will not knowingly attempt to target children under the age of 18 to provide us with any type of information. Children wishing to use our services or forms must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian before supplying any type of information, including emails, names, and phone numbers.
11. Information for California Consumers. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) affords certain rights and protections to California residents. This section is intended to further describe the details about how California residents can exercise their rights under the CCPA.
(a) Right to Request Disclosure of Use. You can request a disclosure of what personal information we have collected about you, how we have used your personal information, and the identity of any businesses providing us with your personal information. You may make a request by writing us at the following address: 2934 N Beverly Glen circle #516, Los Angeles, CA 90077, or emailing us at email@example.com. For all requests, please your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will respond to requests within 45 days of receiving a verifiable customer request. However, if due to the nature and complexity of your request we require more time, we may extend our obligation to respond by an additional 45 days. All responses will be free of charge, but, you may not make a request more than twice in a 12-month period.
(b) Right to Delete. You can request that we delete your personal information that we have collected about you. You may make a request by writing us at the following address: 2934 N Beverly Glen circle #516, Los Angeles, CA 90077, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 15 days of receiving a verifiable customer request. For all requests, please your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. However, we may retain your personal information in order to: (a) continue to provide you with goods or services; (b) detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality; (c) comply with legal obligations; and (d) use your information for internal purposes.
(c) Opting out of Sale of Personal Information. You can request that we not sell your personal information that we have collected from you. You may make a request by writing us at the following address: 2934 N Beverly Glen circle #516, Los Angeles, CA 90077, or emailing us at email@example.com. For all requests, please your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will respond to your request within 15 days of receiving a verifiable customer request.